What does Akranes Trade Union (Verkalýðsfélag Akraness) do for you?
With your membership fee you get:
- Assistance with inturpetation of the collective agreements
- Free legal consult with the unions lawyer
- Assistance with preserving your rights
- Negotioation of a collective agreement
- Assistance with collecting unpaid wages
- Sickness cash benefits when wages have ceased. We pay 80% of your average salary (Max 350.000 kr.) for up to 120 days.
- Cash benefits while a member seeks treatment for alcohol or drug abuse. When your wages have ceased we pay 80% of your average salary (Max 350.000 kr.) for up to 90 days. Only for one occation.
- Death grant
- Parental grants (100.000 kr.)
- Clinical body massage or physiotherapy (50% each, max 50.000 pr. year)
- Cancer screening, Heart disease screening, dentist (50% each, max 25.000 pr. year)
- Eyeglasses grant (50% each, max 45.000 pr. 24 months)
- Sports grant, i.e. if you buy a membership card for the swimming pool, gym, golf or other sports (50% each, max 25.000 pr. year)
- If you go to college, university, take a language course, a computer skill course or study just about anyting else that can enhance your skills you can apply for a grant from your union.
- A full grant is 75% of the study costs max. 75.000 kr. pr year
- If you take a specialised driving licence, you can receive a grant for 100.000 kr. for one time only.
- You will get a full grant if your membership fee is at least 31.200 kr. pr. calendar year.
- Grants are paid after the course has been paid for.
- The union has a number of leisure-houses around the country.
- A member can rent those houses at minimum cost all year around.
- A weekend (fri-mon) costs 12-15.000 kr.
- An extra night during the week costs 3.000 kr.
- Hotel-tickets for Hotel Edda and Fosshotel
- Members of the union can go trout-fishing at no cost in the three lakes in Svínadalur.
- Tickets for the Hvalfjarðargöng - tunnel are sold at the office for 635 kr. each.
Feel free to contact the union office, Sunnubraut 13, or by phone 4309900 if you have any questions regarding your rights.